Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chicken Korma & Potatoes with a Courgette and Shallot Mix

Title pretty much says it all... but I'm still going to give you a play-by-play.

Side Dish: Courgette and Shallot Mix
Well, thought we needed some vegetables to go with our Korma, potatoes, and rice, so I rummaged around and found shallots (two medium) in the cabinet to go with the courgettes (two large) that my flatmate had in the fridge. Then I started chopping away, cutting both the shallots and the courgettes lengthwise because, as my flatmate says, "for some reason circle vegetables just don't taste as good." And I would have to agree....

The Main Bulk: Chicken Korma with Potatoes and Rice
Potatoes boiling away, chicken browning in the pan, rice cooking and cooking...

Courgettes and shallots in one pan with olive oil (extra virgin) and salt and pepper, which I stirred quite often so as to keep rotating the courgettes for browning....
Simultaneously (and as you can probably guess, not too much stove space, so my flatmate and I had to do a bit of cooking acrobatics in order to have the timing of everything correct....), we added our Loyd Grossman Korma sauce to the browned chicken and let that cook until adding the boiled potatoes and simmering the combination until the chicken was cooked through.

The mixture cooking away (see the lovely browning on the courgettes!)....

And the chicken and potatoes soaking up all the delicious Korma sauce....

Until at last, complete.

Nom.

Very delicious overall. The softness of the shallots with the ever so slight crunch of the courgettes complimented the curry quite well! A bit more salt here and there would have made it even better, but then again, I just love salt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment