Thursday, April 26, 2012

Improv Night

So, I made a version of the goat's cheese stuffed chicken again... but this time I had the company of a friend, and we added a few different bits. I do have a picture, but, as I took it on my not-so-stellar phone, it doesn't show much at all!

Normally, I would take the goat's cheese, mix it with the parsley and lemon zest, stuff it in the chicken, then wrap it in bacon. This particular time, however, with the excitement of me and my friend combined, our trip through the grocery store was equivalent to letting kids loose in the candy shop. Vegetables here, meat there - our ideas burst into the air, and most things we passed ended up in our rolling shopping basket. Eventually we managed to get an actual idea of what we wanted to cook, so...

This is what we had:
Two chicken breasts (skin on)
Goat's Cheese (soft)
Parsley
Lemon Zest
Sun-dried tomatoes
Garlic

This is what we did:
While I was assembling the chicken my lovely co-chef sliced the garlic then began frying it in a sauté pan with a tiny bit of olive oil. On my side of the counter, I took the goat's cheese, parsley and lemon zest, mixed it all together, and sat it to the side while I slit medium-sized pockets into one side of each piece of chicken. Then, I took my tasty little mixture (after getting all the bits of goat's cheese that covered my hands off) and stuffed it in those pockets with sliced sun-dried tomatoes! New for me, but I liked where my friend was going with it....

So, with the chicken stuffed and the garlic browned, we put the chicken into the pan, added some oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, and fried the chicken (on one side only) for a mere few minutes. Satisfied that all the juices were locked and loaded, we transferred the chicken into a glass baking dish, covered them with the browned garlic slices, a tad bit of the used sun-dried tomato oil and a good amount of chili oil, and baked them in the oven for a good 25-30 minutes.

They came out beautifully coloured, cheese mixture slightly oozing from the pockets, with a delicious aroma of fried garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and citrus. Nice little improv moment! Certainly tasty too....

No comments:

Post a Comment